Adventist Young Professionals is a global hub for Seventh-day Adventist young adults!
Founded in fall of 2019, AYP has grown to a community of young Adventists from 100+ countries who believe in a culture of collaboration, innovation, and ambition centered around Christ! Our resources, groups, and local chapters minister to our members with the whole person in mind. Get involved today!
Who We Are
Adventist Young Professionals exist to foster Christ-centered community through faith development, authentic connections, and ministry engagement.
Adventist Young Professionals seeks to be a global network of local communities that unites, engages, and inspires Seventh-day Adventist professionals to glorify God.
Adventist Young Professionals values discipleship grounded on growing in faith, living in integrity, and serving in love.
AYP is a 501C3 non-profit organization foundation on the teachings of the Bible and the values of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Below is a brief overview (extracted from Adventist.org) of the values Adventists uphold.
Seventh-day Adventists are a global family of Christians who hold the Bible as the ultimate authority. There are, however, a few distinguishing characteristics that set them apart from many other Christian denominations.
- Adventists look to Jesus Christ alone for salvation.
- Adventists believe the Bible introduces you to God.
- Adventists acknowledge the call to be unique, or “set apart” from the world.
- Adventists uphold the importance of the 4th commandment, the Seventh-day Sabbath, even today.
- Adventists have a rich history, fueled by a renewed emphasis on rigorous Bible study.
The Adventist Church today believes in action.
- The goal is eternal life with Jesus Christ.
Learn more about Seventh-day Adventists at Adventist.org.
AYP is led by a team of over 60 volunteers passionate about fostering Christ-centered community through faith development, authentic connections, and ministry engagement. The team is organized into the following ministry teams focused on empowering innovation and ambition in the next generation of our Church’s leaders.
Meet our leadership team at AYP.me/About/Leadership.
The Board of Directors is responsible for setting the strategic goals and objectives of Adventist Young Professionals and for selecting leaders and setting organizational governance. The Board is led by the Chairman of the Board who also serves as the President and the Vice Chairman of the Board who also serves as Vice President.
The Presidential team is responsible for implementing the strategic goals and objectives set forth by the Board of Directors and oversees the day-to-day operations of the organization. The president’s team is responsible for the success and growth of all other AYP teams.
The Finance team is responsible for ensuring the financial and operational wellbeing of AYP. Responsibilities include bookkeeping, government relations, budgeting, and legal.
The Development team is responsible for developing new funding opportunities for AYP. They lead the organization’s fundraising, strategic partnerships, sponsorships, and sales.
The Human Relations team is responsible for the recruitment of team members, group leaders, and area coordinators. They manage the onboarding, training, engagement, and – when needed – termination of all AYP personnel. The goal of the Human Relations team is to grow team members for their ministry calling – both within and beyond AYP.
The Marketing team is responsible for the image of AYP including advertising, branding, communication, market research, and public relations. This team serves as a resource to AYP’s teams and oversees AYP’s website, social media platforms and branded materials.
The chapters team is responsible for strategizing and implementing plans that localize the organization in target cities. The chapters team also helps global leadership to remain in-touch with the perspectives of the organization’s diverse constituents. Responsibilities range from mentoring area coordinators, collaborating with marketing and programming to develop resource packs, and developing relationships with church and community leaders.
The Groups team is responsible for strategizing and implementing AYP’s virtual events and resources. This team provides structure and resources to the organization’s virtual groups.
The Convention team is responsible for planning the annual AYP Convention. This team collaborates with all other teams to create an experience that unites and grows AYPers from across the globe as disciples of Christ.
Over the next two years, AYP will continue to grow communities across the globe. Additionally, we will expand our emphasis on missions and outreach, and will launch new resources to equip young professionals to actively share Christ and integrate into loving Adventist churches. It’s our prayer that God will allow these programs and resources to impact thousands for Him.
Explore our goals below and dig deeper at AYP.me/About/Strategy.
Growing in Faith
- Cultivate chapters in major population hubs across North America and across the world.
- Establish and grow virtual groups with leaders from all corners of the world.
- Expand the AYP Convention to be the premier gathering of Adventist young professionals in North America.
Living in Integrity
- Grow new and existing financial streams to support the hiring of supporting staff and grow programs by July 2025.
- Expand the global brand recognition, engagement, and advocacy for AYP.
- Foster a culture that enables inreach and outreach to coexist, serving as a catalyst to engage young professionals as active members of a local Adventist church.
Serving in Love
- Share Christ locally and internationally through mission trips and outreach projects.
- Grow a thriving global team of young professionals to advance the mission of AYP.
- Improve operational processes through training and mentorship for new and existing team members.
- Develop, implement, and adapt volunteer engagement strategies that showcase appreciation to volunteers for their dedication to the ministry, increase team comradery, and support every volunteer as a growing Christian leader.
Who We Serve
Adventist Young Professionals primarily serve individuals in their 20s-30s who are growing in faith, embarking on their career, and seeking opportunities in their personal, professional and spiritual journey.Meet Our Members
Receive our monthly newsletter with highlights on upcoming AYP events & initiatives.
News & Stories
Donate & Support
Become A Member
Register for your free AYP account to meet Seventh-day Adventist young professionals from across the world.